Will You Survive Graduation?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You Survive Graduation?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Information
Resources
Admin
Census
Fae: 13
Humans:
Vampires:
Werewolves:
Witches/Wizards:
Citizens:
Students:
School Staff:
Males:
Females:
Forum Quick Links
Affiliates
It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. Affi redcarpet&&rebellion. Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites New Born Muse RPGfix The Shoebox RP Temple!

Glitter Web Directory RPGCollection

PFT aff
Credits
Written Content by Ash
Graphics by Sally and Ash
Coding by Ash

It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.

Go down 
+2
Khalid Nasser
Francesca Boticelli
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Francesca Boticelli
Head of Business Department
Francesca Boticelli

Full Name : Francesca Boticelli
Race : Vampire

It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. Empty
PostSubject: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 pm

The year was 1963 and it had finally dawned on Francesca to get a job. Life as she knew it needed a spark. She needed some independence. She needed to get a job and stand on her own two feet, or so she told herself. So there she was again, working a late night shift in a greasy diner on the rougher side of town. The local library wasn’t far, and in between customers the vampire leaned against the counter and read To Kill a Mockingbird.

Hey sweetheart! How bout some service over here!” The slurred words of a young drunk man were followed by laughter from his three friends as they hustled around in their booth and called to her. The vampire sauntered over to them with a calm expression on her face. It was never the same on the late night shift. “Hey how ya doin’, legs?

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you how to sweet talk a girl?” The vampire cooed with her New York accent as she poured them some coffee. “Now drink up so you can drive home to ya girl. What else can I get ya, Romeo?”

Throughout the night France made her way from table to table, dealing with various riff raff that stumbled in and out of the Royal Diner. Just as she was about to get to a good part in her book she heard the bell on the door ring and waited for the man to sit down before bringing him a cup of water and poured him a cup of coffee. People out this late in this part of town ought to have their wits about them, and coffee set them straight. “Evenin’ sugar. What brings you here tonight?” The vampire asked the dark hair man coolly, looking him over as she poured his coffee.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

Full Name : Khalid Nasser
Race : Fae, Boogeyman

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Everybody better beware

I ain't scared, live my life alright I ain't scared, to stand and fight But I'm scared of the boogeyman

It was getting worse. The blackouts. He went days without remembering what he had done, waking up in places he had never even been before. His clothes would be different from then what he went to bed in things in his apartment would be moved around. For a psychologist he should have known better what was happening, but he didn’t. A all but broke psychologist for that matter, for who wanted to deal with a foreigner and trust him with their mind? Not white people, that was for sure, it was a miracle he made it through college. He had tried all sorts of different ways to fix himself. Hypnosis, some shock therapy, liquid remedies, different eating habits, vitamins…everything he could find in a book and nothing. Now he was so stressed about falling asleep and doing something he couldn’t remember that he could hardly even fall asleep anymore.

This night he was driving himself crazy pacing in his apartment, so he decided to take a walk and eventually ended up going into the first shady diner his eyes set upon. He walked in, glancing around before going to sit down in a corner booth and sighed, running his hands over his hair. What was wrong with him? He couldn’t figure it out at all. He couldn’t fix himself…how could he help others? He looked up at the woman he came to wait on him and he found himself pausing to gaze at her for a few moments. Good God…she was beautiful. Absolutely breathtaking. What was a beautiful girl like this working in this crappy diner? “Uh…can’t sleep” He answered after a few moments and then found himself smiling at her. Well, night didn’t seem completely awful now.

credit lily of rcr, sp & atf.

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Most of the men that came into the Royal Diner were pigs, to say the least. They were either drunk or hoodlums who were looking for a place to meet up with other idiots. For the most part France did her job with snide and sarcastic quips to the men and still wound up getting tipped. But this one was different. She couldn’t smell any alcohol on him, and he didn’t look the part of a typical trouble maker.

“Coffee probably ain’t the best cure for that then.” But she didn’t bother to take the coffee away from him. “What’s your comfort food, darlin’? What can I bring you to help you dream?” The vampire found herself giving him a more genuine smile than she gave other customers, but she was still somewhat reserved. France didn’t brighten up for just anyone.

Hey sweetheart! Can we get more sugar over here?” A drunk called from across the diner and France looked over her shoulder just in time to see him wink at her. “Don’t go anywhere.” She told the stranger before turning and going to attend to the men who made her fight the urge to roll her eyes.

A few minutes later the vampire sauntered back to the insomniac’s table. A warm glass of milk and a hot brownie was set down in front of him and she smirked. “Now what else can I get for you?”
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Everybody better beware

I ain't scared, live my life alright I ain't scared, to stand and fight But I'm scared of the boogeyman

He chuckled and shook his head “Ah, no, probably not. But can’t do any worse” He was already restless and wide awake, he doubted coffee could possibly make him worse…he was already at worse. He wouldn’t drink the coffee though because eventually when he behaved like this he got so exhausted he’d just finally pass out asleep. He was pretty certain with coffee in his system he wouldn’t get that reprieve and he needed it. One couldn’t function well without sleep. “Um…” He hadn’t looked at the menu, he had no clue what he would want or even if he wanted anything other than to just sit here. But she was drawn away and he nodded, watching her go before looking to the menu with a heavy sigh.

He looked up and was surprised when she returned with warm milk and a brownie. He smiled just as warmly and chuckled “Thank you. This actually is quite perfect” He was going to just order some pie, but a brownie was just as good. He then gave her a thoughtful look “You really work here?” He seemed quite suspicious, in a playful way. Back home in Egypt, women like her did not work. Women like her were pampered by men and married young so they never had a worry their entire lives. What could he say, Egypt admired beauty.

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Of all the years France had been alive she had never learned so much about humans as she had working in the diner. They were obsessed with food. They ate with every exaggerated emotion, and would do anything for a good slab of meat (vampires were similar when it came to ‘meat’). So she had some strange urge to cure his insomnia by filling him up and putting him to sleep. “You sure that’s all you want? I spied a very sweet lookin’ cupcake in the back, too.” With a smirk she placed her hand on her hip and glanced back to her other customers to make sure they were content.

The next questions threw the vampire off and she looked down at her waitress uniform as if it were foreign to her. She plucked at the shoulder, then the apron across her front and ran her hands over her hips to feel the fabric. “No, I just found this get-up in the dumpster out back.” She tilted her head to the side innocently. “I thought it’d be fun.” Then she leaned against the booth across from him. “Why do you ask?”
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Everybody better beware

He nodded “Yes, yes, thank you.” Some warm milk and a warm brownie…well, he had tried everything else, maybe this was would be his scientific breakthrough miracle cure that would let him sleep at night? Even if it only made him a tiny bit tired he would be grateful. And get rid of the blackouts, that would even be better. He chuckled when she mentioned the cupcake and shook his head graciously “Ah, no, I think I’ll just eat this” He couldn’t have too much sugar, that would just wire him. He really shouldn’t even eat a brownie but she had brought it for him so he couldn’t refuse it.

Ah…she was a feisty one, wasn’t she? She had that spark of fire in her that he didn’t see very often here in America. But then again he could tell by her looks alone she was not American, she was as foreign as him. He looked down at the table and decided not to tell her the real reason why he asked, he feared she would misunderstand him and end up dumping the untouched coffee in his lap. He shook his head and picked up the milk “No reason” He murmured and took a sip before picking up his napkin to wipe his mouth. He wasn’t that great with women, he had never really been around too many…and oddly he just didn’t know why.

Back to top Go down
Andre Louvel
Professor
Andre Louvel

Full Name : Andre Acelin Louvel
Race : Werewolf

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 pm

What an interesting character. Francesca looked the stranger over and observed him for a few seconds before laughing quietly and brushing her hair behind her ear. “You got a name, dollface?” Just as she was to delve into finding out more about his character the drunk men hollered to get the waitresses attention and she exhaled slowly.

“My name’s France. Holler if you need me.” With that she tapped the table gently and went back to doing her job with graceful laziness. It would have been an easy night if the men at the table near the window would stop oogling her and asking her for her phone number. They cat called her as she strutted across the diner a few times, and the last straw was soon to come. As France stood with her hip popped to the side and ready to take more of their drunken order one of the men reached over and slid his hand up her thigh and pinched at her soft skin. “Watch it!” She snapped and slapped his hand away, but once the levy broke one of the other men reached over to touch her hip and made the vampire hold onto every ounce of patience not to snap their necks in public. “Knock it off, pal!”
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Everybody better beware

He glanced back up to her and smiled again when she asked his name “Khalid” He told her before glancing over to the drunk men that called for her. Oh yes…a beautiful woman like herself did not deserve to be working in a place like this with this kind of treatment. But he understood, when one needed work, they needed work and they would take whatever job they could to pay the bills. He nodded “Thank you, France” He told her politely and resumed drinking the warm milk and eating the brownie before it got cold and was a hundred percent useless to his insomnia.

His eyes would linger to her when she passed by, but he made sure to stay polite and not stare at her as she worked and just kept quiet in his booth. When he heard the commotion he turned around to look, seeing the men touching her…he didn’t even process he was up and walking over until he had grabbed one of the men, pulled him out of where he was sitting and dropped him on the floor. Khalid maybe couldn’t remember, but he had fought in wars and slayed men with swords and won fights with his bare hands, but the instinct of those battles were ingrained in him none the less. He glared down at the man he threw on the floor then looked at the others “Have some respect. She told you not to touch her.”

Back to top Go down
Andre Louvel
Professor
Andre Louvel

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:37 pm

“Khalid.” The vampire repeated, feeling the name out as she made a note to remember it. She would have to remember it later when she thanked him for taking care of her.

Just as France was going to lose her patience and snap the men out of their seats and teach them not to treat women like that she felt Khalid move across the room. It peaked her curiosity when he plucked one of the men out of his seat. The middle age man didn’t quiver as France expected, but swung drunkenly at the sober man who put him in his place. The vampire stepped back, remembering what she had been taught by her adopted maker to remain a lady.

“Hey! Knock it off! Take it outside.” She managed to bark while holding a lady-like air about herself. The friend of the drunken man stood up and pulled him back and began to shuffle outside, calling at Khalid to follow them to finish business. The drunk idiots turned and headed out the door, but France put her hand on Khalid’s arm to stop him. “Thanks for defending me.” But she wouldn’t let go to let him go break his knuckle on a moron.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Everybody better beware

Khalid didn’t like to drink, he found it rather useless to get sloshed like these men, but he did understand liquid confidence so he wasn’t surprised that the man swung at him even after he had warned them to chill out. He couldn’t explain it, he never could, but it was like he could feel the man’s arm coming at him. He turned quickly from looking at the men still sitting towards the man trying to hit him and grabbed at his wrist, stopping the punch before it ever reached him. He glared him down, a flash of danger resonating from his eyes for a brief moment. A flash of the true fae that dwelled inside his mind, aware but unable to come out. He held the man’s wrist for a moment before letting go and shoving him back silently.

When the men listened and went outside he watched them, feeling such anger in him, he wanted to follow and show them there place. But no, no he couldn’t…that wasn’t him. He wasn’t the kind of man to start fights in bars and beat people up, he was peaceful….most of the time at least. He liked being peaceful. So he shook his head in disgust and turned away from them, ignoring their challenge to step outside. He looked to her and nodded “Of course” He murmured, taking in a deep breath “You alright? Did they hurt you?”

Back to top Go down
Andre Louvel
Professor
Andre Louvel

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 am

Very few men in Francesca’s long life had earned her respect. Even fewer, in fact, had earned her admiration. As the vampire watched the stranger, Khalid, shove the men away then refuse their invitation to fight outside like buffoons she found herself feeling strangely attracted to him. She couldn’t remember the last time she had actually felt like this. Was this what a crush felt like? For the moment she was unaware of the feelings, like some sort of ignorant schoolgirl with a much sharper edge.

“I’m fine, sugar.” A relieved smile spread across her normally coy face and put her hand on his upper arm. “Thank you. I mean it. You’re a real gentleman, you know that?” Slowly the vixen pulled her hand back and glanced back to the door to make sure the men were really gone. It wasn’t long after that the ding to let her know food was ready chimed and she had to get back to work. “I owe you one, Khalid.” With that the vampire gave him a playful smile and sauntered back to work without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 am

Everybody better beware

He nodded, feeling and looking relieved himself to see the men hadn’t done anything to harm her in any way. He glanced back then back to her “If you ever see those men again, you should call the police immediately” He advised, for he dreaded to think they’d come back another night to get some kind of revenge for her sticking up for herself. Men like that were dangerous…their minds did not work like a normal human being. He then smiled and shook his head, putting a hand up “No, no thanks needed. I couldn’t just sit by and watch you be harassed in such a way.” He knew though she had a right to be grateful, he knew too many people who would have just ignored it and stayed out of the way.

He gazed at her for a few moments until the chime of a bell called her away. He shook his head again “You owe me nothing, I assure you” He murmured before watching her go back to work. He then took in a deep breath and walked back to his booth to finish his brownie. Well, he was definitely not sleeping tonight, now that he had adrenaline rushing through his body. He finished off his brownie and milk then just sat back and sighed. He figured he should just go back to his apartment but, it would be just the same as sitting her quietly anyway so he decided to just…sit.

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 9:39 am

The police? Francesca had been part of the wrong side of the crowd for so long that calling the police felt like self mutilation. Instead of letting this stranger in on that she simply smiled and nodded. “Will do.” No she wouldn’t. If those men showed up again she’d rip their throats out in the alley out back.

He may have said she owed him nothing, but the vampire would get him back. She wasn’t used to being the damsel in distress. It would weigh on the tiny little conscience that she had until she was out of his debt. After going back to work she kept herself busy for a while, seeing to the lingering customers until the entire diner was empty save for Khalid and a homeless man she gave coffee and a sandwich to. She gave the homeless man a stern look, then smiled and left him on his own and returned to Khalid.

It wasn’t like France to divulge into other people’s personal business. Normally she didn’t give a damn, but for some reason Khalid interested her. She stood in front of his table and watched him, then tapped her fingers on the table gently. “So what’s your story, Khalid? Where are you from?” She was bored, and the diner was nearly empty.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:33 pm

Everybody better beware

He was just staring out the window in front of him, thinking about how miserable it was to not be able to sleep…to not even feel an ounce of being tired because your mind knew what would happen if you did drift off asleep. Who knew, maybe he turned into a man like those men he had just confronted, some drunk who catcalled women and behaved like an animal. Though he would take that over his true fear, and that was during his blackouts he harmed someone…or killed someone and he would never know. Though he insisted that wasn’t the kind of person he was…but apparently during the blackouts he was not the same person, at least that’s what the little bit of evidence showed.

Then suddenly she was at his table again and he straightened, focusing his attention on her. Which wasn’t hard. She was indeed very beautiful. His story? Oh how he wished he could tell her he wasn’t sure. Memories of his past were…fuzzy and odd, they never made sense. He couldn’t seem to recall his parents, though he knew he had them. He couldn’t remember childhood memories, nothing of that sort. It was like it was all there, but he just couldn’t access it. “Egypt” Was his simple reply “I come from Egypt” He glanced over her curiously “And you? You’re not from America”

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:55 pm

So the stranger was from Egypt. She knew there was something about the man that drew her in. There was something different about him, but maybe it was because he was just a foreigner. Maybe that’s why he had such strong chivalry. France put her hand on her hip and nodded. “Egypt. What on Earth made you wanna move here, kid? Not much here is as beautiful as the Nile.”

She cocked her head when he asked where she was from. “New York.” Couldn’t he tell? Her accent still hadn’t worn off even after all the years she’d been away. “Maybe from Italy before that, but who knows.” She was an orphan, and not about to divulge into her past too much to a stranger before he bought her dinner.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Everybody better beware

When she spoke of Egypt he grew curious and tilted his head “Have you been to Egypt?” She spoke of the Nile like perhaps she had seen it. He had never met another soul who had ever been to Egypt, it was this wild far away land that people only seemed to know about in fairytales. He didn’t answer her other question because…he didn’t know the answer. He remembered being in Egypt and then…then he was here. How he got from A to B, he did not know.

He couldn’t tell, she didn’t look American so he assumed she couldn’t be an American “You were born in New York?” He asked, before realizing he shouldn’t. He was being a psychiatrist, used to people speaking and him questioning and then repeat process. People who weren’t his patients normally did not like this. He looked curious “You don’t know?” She didn’t know if she was from Italy? This intrigued him most of all, especially with his condition of not remembering things.

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 am

“I traveled through once or twice. It’s very beautiful. I like the heat.” Could you believe it, a vampire who hated the cold? France didn’t care for snow. There was something about heat that she loved. Maybe it was because she wanted it to warm her perpetually cool body.

The vampire smiled softly, surprised by herself that she was being so nice to him. Normally her customers were treated nicely but with a fistful of sarcasm and feisty attitude. “Sugar, just because you’re born somewhere doesn’t mean it’s where you’re from. Where you’re from is where your heart is.” She had been born in Spain and remembered nothing about her human life, but this stranger didn’t need to know that.

“You ask an awful lot of questions for a stranger, Khalid.” She glanced back to her only ‘customer’ who motioned to her and she nodded, then looked at Khalid. “What are you, some kind of shrink?” Yes, just avoid answering his question, France. She smiled at him and knocked on his table. “Gotta get back to work.” With that she took her leave and went to see what the regular homeless man wanted.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Everybody better beware

His smile brightened when she said she had in fact been to Egypt before. “Well, I have never meant anyone here in America who has been to Egypt” She even became more intriguing to him then before “Do you travel often?” She said she had passed through Egypt once or twice, which sounded like she was a traveler. But how did a waitress in a palce like this get the money to travel? He didn’t even have the money to travel and his job was considered a good one…well, maybe for white American men. When she corrected him he chuckled “Ah, well, that mentality is far different than what is perceived in the desert” Where you were born, that was your home and that was where your loyalty lay, you didn’t switch sides to some other land. But that was Egypt; it was far different in other places.

He frowned immediately “I apologize, I did not mean to intrude in your personal matters” He hadn’t mean to pry or push personal questions on her, it was a bad habit that he just couldn’t control at times it seemed. He simply chuckled at her comment about him being a shrink and glanced down at the table, nodding when she said she had to get back to work. He then sighed a ran a hand through his hair “A psychologist, actually, yes…” He muttered to himself. He wasn’t good with women…every time he spoke to one, it was always so painfully obvious.

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 pm

France had been nearly everywhere. It didn’t mean she liked every place she had been to, but Egypt had been one of the more pleasant ones. Her master had been more kind to her in Egypt since they admired beauty so much and marks on her would have made him frowned at.

“I travel enough. I want to go more places that are warm, but I like it here for now.” The city was decent enough, and she was fond if it because she was getting out on her own more.

After she had stumped him and put him in his place (playfully of course) France went back to work. She brought the homeless man another sandwich that was wrapped up so he could eat it later, and wandered into the kitchen long enough to see what the cook was up to. A few minutes later she sauntered back to Khalid’s table with the glorious cupcake she had been talking about all wrapped up in a safe little to-go-box.

“My shift is over, but I wanted to make sure you’re taken care of, Khalid. Can I get you anything else, my dear?”
Back to top Go down
Michelle Karvan
Nun
Michelle Karvan

Full Name : Michelle "Misha" Karvan
Race : Unicorn

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 am

Everybody better beware

She liked it here? She had traveled around the world but she wanted to stay here? Working in a place like this? Even as a psychiatrist, he didn’t understand it. He had come to America because a psychiatrist was absolutely foreign in Egypt and also because he had wanted to go to school here. He thought it would be the country of opportunity…but he was sure many poor foreigners thought that and then ended up stuck here like he had. America wasn’t his favorite, but he was making do with it. After she had gone back to work he really knew he should go back home and try to get some sleep. It was late, too late for him to be sitting her. He wasn’t going to get any chance of sleep here.

When she came back and brought him something else he smiled and laughed, shaking his head “I’ll never sleep with all this sugar” He teased then shook His head and started taking out his wallet “Nah, I’m good. Thank you though, you have been wonderful” As he began taking money out he gave her a bit of a worried look “Do you…want me to walk you to your car?” It was so late and the people here questionable. Especially after the display from the men before, thinking of her going outside alone was a bit alarming. He was sure she did it every night but still, if he was here he might as well offer her one safe trip to her car.

Back to top Go down
Andre Louvel
Professor
Andre Louvel

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 am

The waiter for the next shift walked into the diner and cracked his knuckles. He nodded to France in acknowledgement and she felt relieved to be off work, but didn’t want to leave right away. “A little sugar never hurt anyone.” She said to Khalid as she turned back to him with a small smile. He was probably the only customer all night that had seen her smile so much.

The vampire shook her head when he took out his wallet and fiddled with his money. “Put that away. You didn’t eat anything.” When he offered to walk her to her car she tilted her head to the side, looking him over curiously. Why would he want to do that? At first her instincts warned her that he was a typical man, but then reason played in and reminded her he had been a gentleman.

“Sure.” But then who would walk him to his car? “Let me get my things.” She took his coffee back into the kitchen, and a few minutes later emerged wearing a light black coat and carrying her book. She brushed her hair out of her coat and waved goodnight to the waiter before looking to Khalid. Once they got outside, would he be surprised to see that she drove a shiny black new sports car? What did that company call them… Mustangs? She had sweet talked her way into getting one two years before they even officially came out. It almost made her cringe to see it once they were outside, because it ruined the façade that she was some poor girl.
Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Everybody better beware

He blinked and gave her an odd look, looking down to the empty glass of milk and empty plate where the brownie was. She had also given him a cupcake. He shook his head and looked up, smiling softly “I have to pay” He insisted. She had waitered to him and gave him food and been nice to him, he couldn’t let her not have him pay, that wouldn’t be right. So he still took out money and put it down on the table, giving her a smile that told her he was going to be triumphant in this argument if she chose to argue with him about paying.

He didn’t think she’d take his offer to walk her safely to her car, she didn’t know him but he had at least wanted to offer and be a gentleman. But when she did say yes he looked surprised for a moment and nodded “Yes, of course, I’ll wait” He had nothing else to do, he could wait forever. When she walked off he got up and went to stand near the door, his hands in his pockets casually. When she came out he smiled once more and opened the door for her to step through first before following. He glanced around to make sure no one suspicious was hanging around before looking at the cars. There weren’t many options….but she really couldn’t have the sports car, could she?

Back to top Go down
Francesca Boticelli
Francesca Boticelli

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 pm

The vampire gave Khalid a look when he insisted on paying. “Men are so stubborn.” She teased with a playful look. After that she didn’t give him too much hell about paying, but would make a mental note to win and feed him for free if he ever came back. If he ever came back. She had to keep that in mind.

Once things were over with in the diner and they were outside France took out her keys. She sauntered down the street, watching the street all the while stealing glances at Khalid. Her car wasn’t too far, and it was parked directly under a streetlight that flickered now and again. “So Khalid, are you going to wander into the next diner over and save the waitresses there? Or are you going to try and get some sleep, sugar?” The girl’s keys dangled in her hands as she procrastinated opening her car, far too busy giving the strange man her best subtly seductive look. What the hell was going on? Normally France was such a bitch and would have told him to get lost, yet she found herself batting her lashes at him and waiting near her car rather than opening the damn door!

Back to top Go down
Khalid Nasser
Professor
Khalid Nasser

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Everybody better beware

When they walked towards her car he made a bit of a funny look, glancing at her with a hint of curiousness. That was truly her car? The fancy thing over there? Well…she was full of surprised wasn’t she. A waitress in a dead beat diner who traveled the world and drove a nice car. He kept eyeing her, then the car and finally smiled “So…are you one of those people who has millions of dollars but works because you enjoy the hard work and not being handed things?” She had to have money, that was obvious, and she wasn’t getting it working at that diner. Unless she had some rich family or some rich boyfriend, but then still, why work? He then realized he had told himself he wasn’t supposed to be asking personal questions, but there one had slipped again.

He chuckled at her comment and shook his head, folding his arms loosely “Ah, no, I only do one diner a night” He joked back “I’ll probably try and get some sleep, yes. Though I probably’ won’t until exhaustion sets in. But until then, I have a cupcake to keep me company”

Back to top Go down
Andre Louvel
Professor
Andre Louvel

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Most smart girls wouldn’t let themselves be in the situation that France was in, but then again most women wouldn’t be able to snap his neck so easily if needed. France laughed at his correct assumption, but decided to play with him a little longer. “What would make you say that?” She looked back at the car, then to Khalid. “Doesn’t everyone have one of these?” She shook her head. “I don’t give in to things easily, and I don’t enjoy things handed to me.” She ran her fingers along the shiny black car slowly. “But I do like this car.” It was fast and pretty.

France laughing to a stranger’s joke was rare, but the Egyptian did it with ease. “Tonight was my lucky night then.” He had no one to keep him company? She couldn’t decide whether or not that made him a lucky man, but instead of asking more she simly looked him over and mulled it over quietly.

“Thank you again, Khalid. It was really a pleasure meeting you but I’ve got to get going home or the butler will worry.” As she spoke she touched his upper arm in a friendly way, then turned to open her car door and get in to start the beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.   It's a sin to kill a mockingbird. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Will You Survive Graduation? :: IC :: Memories-
Jump to: