Will You Survive Graduation?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You Survive Graduation?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Information
Resources
Admin
Census
Fae: 13
Humans:
Vampires:
Werewolves:
Witches/Wizards:
Citizens:
Students:
School Staff:
Males:
Females:
Forum Quick Links
Affiliates
what i pretend to be Affi redcarpet&&rebellion. Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites New Born Muse RPGfix The Shoebox RP Temple!

Glitter Web Directory RPGCollection

PFT aff
Credits
Written Content by Ash
Graphics by Sally and Ash
Coding by Ash

what i pretend to be

Go down 
AuthorMessage

what i pretend to be Empty
PostSubject: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

for anyone ▲ 405 words ▲ yaay

Hikari despised homework.

And, well, okay, no one really liked homework. Well, at least, not normal people. And by no means did Hikari claim to be normal. Oh, no, she knew she was strange. She was perfectly okay with it, too. After all, no one would want to be normal, now would they? But back to homework. And it wasn't like she hated all homework. Some of her teachers made it fun - she had definitely enjoyed her photography homework (taking abstract pictures), and loved researching mythology for her other classes. Hikari was the type who liked reading, and she enjoyed writing papers. Yes, she was a dork. But, again, she was okay with that. Because she was a fun dork, and she was damn proud of who she was.

But this? This was crap. Hikari pushed back from the paper in disgust, folding her arms across her chest, glaring at the paper. Normally, Hikari loved her psychology class. It was interesting, engaging, and a whole lot of fun. It was easily one of her favourite classes. But right now she was rethinking that ranking. Her professor had given them all a research paper - something she honestly didn't mind - but it was the topic that was irritating her. The brunette girl picked up the paper, re-reading the heading once again. Describe one thing that you fear the most, and give an explanation for it. Analyze how it has affected your life and what you can do to start solving it. Hikari wished they were still talking about Freud - this was so much worse than a sex-starved raving lunatic.

There were very few things that Hikari was truly afraid of. Unlike most teenagers, she did fear humiliation, or self-consciousness. No, Hikari honestly didn't give a rat's ass what others thought about her. Only the people she cared about mattered, and that's how it should be. She didn't fear heights, since she had flown all over the world. She feared odder things, at least to others. Bleeding. But when you could bleed to death from a paper cut, you’d be afraid of that too, right? And singing. To be honest, it wasn’t singing itself she was afraid of. But singing in front of others. To this day, only Kythen knew that she even knew how to sing – not even her mother did. She didn’t want to share that piece of her for fear it would becoming meaningless. And nothingness, meaningless, was worse than anything. At least to the curly haired girl.

Hikari really didn't want to explain any of those to the teacher. She sighed again, closing her eyes. She was lying outside on the lawn of her school, though she knew that she should probably should get inside, seeing as it was getting later in the day. Even the day seemed to echo her mood - thunder rumbled in the distance, and lightning crackled. The chocolate eyed girl closed her eyes. "This day sucks." she muttered. "I wanna go back to bed..."

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

Full Name : Mason William Whitlock
Race : Wizard

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:06 am

Looking extremely tired, a younger blond haired boy of 19 years old rollerskated along the sidewalks, shaking his head as he tried to process how he was going to get all of his work done. Mason had just finished hockey practice and hadn't touched one bit of his homework yet, a small list that consisted of a Physics assignment, a Pre-Calculus worksheet and small speech that he'd have to deliver the very next day. Needless to say, he was still trying to find the time and method to balancing all of his responsibilities, as this was nothing like high school.

"Oi...give me a break..." Mason muttered, slowing down slightly before taking a seat on a nearby bench, throwing his backpack down with a low sigh. The blond haired boy sat up and took out a few books, deciding to start working on his Physics, his favorite subject that he happened to luck into scheduling in his first semester on campus. The thing that people didn't know about the kid was that he loved burying his nose in books and studying, even happy at times with homework, considering it took his mind off of other things, which prevented him from accidently freezing something or someone, frying an important appliance or exploding something, caused by his, at times, unsteady powers.

As the boy was figuring out an equation in his head, his eyes wandered a bit and caught sight of a slightly older looking girl, apparently grimacing over doing some sort of work herself, and who could blame her? On such a gloomy day, on tired legs, all Mason felt like doing was napping, but if he did that now, all of his work would pile up, which would be a terrible thing to happen to a aspiring freshman. "Damn, I need my calculator, I can't focus on this stuff..." He muttered to himself, shaking his head and wiping his eyes slightly, before a loud rumble and flash of lightning caught his attention and sent a big grin cross his face.

"Yes!! An excuse to push this stuff off for a bit longer..." Mason thought to himself as he bookmarked his work, in which he'd only completed one question in the time he sat, and got back to his feet, skating about slowly as he kept his eyes on the gloomy looking sky. Noticing the female still slowly struggling with her work, Mason stopped and chuckled, "What a cool light show huh? You may want to grab up your stuff, its looking nasty and will probably be right on top of us soon..." He said, almost cheerfully as his love of storms made itself apparent, the boy trying to warn her of the inclement weather quickly on the way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:53 pm

From the time she was little, she was told over and over that she was different. That she wasn’t like the other children. That she was inherently flawed and as such, needed to be kept away. It was something often told by parents, but it had never been in a loving way. Limit upon limit had been placed upon her, restrictions to keep her safe. Because that’s all her parents ever wanted her to be – safe. It wasn’t a bad goal, or even wrong. But there was a big difference between being safe and being happy. Safety was being locked in doors all day, staring wistfully out windows, wondering what it was like to be just like everyone else. To be normal. Because she didn’t want to be different. She didn’t want to be unusual. She didn’t want to be other than Hikari Kaoru Mikhals, magic wielding werewolf who loved music. A girl who longed to just be herself. Who didn’t have to hide. Where here flaws were damning,

Hikari watched and listened. And she saw. She saw the things that others tried to hide. It wasn’t that she tried. Because she didn’t. But Hikari was honest, especially with herself. She didn’t claim to understand such big concepts such as love, hate, sadness, happiness. No, she doubted that anyone could truly understand it. She didn’t understand why she was around this boy she felt as if nothing could touch her. As if she was both tethered to the ground and weightless at the same time, as if she was flying. And for a girl who had spent many a night staring up at the stars, dreaming of a way to get out there… that was amazing. It was intoxicating. It was terrifying. She loved him, this she knew, and had told him so. Why would she hide such a thing? But the bond ran stronger than she ever imagined, the childhood friend of hers whom she had adored as a child. But she saw.

Sometimes she didn’t want to.

Thunder rolling overhead, along with a new scent, brought her out of her doom and gloom. The boy looked to be a bit younger than she was, and absolutely adorable. She smiled a bit, not even fazed as lightning lit up the sky. The Japanese girl had always loved storms, especially since she didn’t get to see many when she was living back at Dallas. Her magic didn’t extend to the weather, although sometimes she wished, but it didn’t mean she liked them any less. ”It’s beautiful.” She agreed, picking up her papers and books, standing easily to her feet. She smiled at him. ”You gonna end up dancing in the rain, or would you like to join me under the gazebo?” She asked, tilting her head to one side.

Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Mason gazed about the stormy skies, spotting another flash of lightning and thought to himself about the many times his electricity-based powers had went zany, and this caused a smile and low chuckle as he thought about the toasters, microwaves and other appliances that he'd destroyed in the past, even though in the winter, things were twice as bad for him in that department. Being a wizard meant different things to different people, some people would probably think he was a freakshow, simply weird and disturbing, while others would be afraid of the kid. This was one of the major factors of his sheltering throughout Middle and High School, seeing how he was capable of abilities that could easily harm others, a thought that sent shivers down Mason's spine.

College, on the other hand, meant that the boy could have a shot to live his life a little and explore a bit more than he was able to. Of course, he wasn't going to let that affect his grades or anything like that. The boy continued to skate back and forth, eyeing the vertical development of the incoming thunderstorm. "Just a garden variety pop-up storm I'd say, good for some rain and wind..." Mason muttered lowly, sighing lowly as he felt the cooling winds from the outflow of the storm. Glancing back at Hikari, Mason chuckled and shook his head.

"Beautiful is an understatement, Lightning is like the perfect definition of power and beauty." Mason said with a grin, watching as the girl got to her feet. "Hey, hey. dancing in the rain is fun, but since I don't feel like getting wet right now, I'll take you up on the gazebo offer." He replied, chuckling lowly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm

Chocolate eyes gazed up at the stormy sky with thoughtfulness. Back home in Japan, a storm was seen as a blessing. The sea, the wind, the rain… everything was hanging in a delicate balance. Water was an unusually strong element, one that could take you by surprise. It could be calm, flowing, just a trickle, the thing that gave life. But in an instant, it could change, becoming fierce, harsh, unbending and could take life away in an instant. The island people of Japan knew that well, coming to respect and in some parts worship the sea and rain. It was different here, of course. The States differed from her homeland so much so that she often didn’t recognize anything. There were days, like today, where she missed home, longed for the cherry blossoms and tea of her home.

Time goes by, nothing ever stays the same, though.

Shaking the thoughts out of her head, Hikari turned to the young man with a friendly smile. He wasn’t a Wolf, she could scent that in an instant. It was so interesting going to this school and seeing all the different people and species. She had grown up around Wolves all her life, so she more or less thought they were pretty boring. She knew what wolves could do. She wanted to see what others could do. She really didn’t have an opinion on the humans – after all, she was human enough as it was, she really couldn’t see why there’d be a difference now. The boy in front of her smelled like magic, so she hazard a guess that he had to be a either a fae or some kind of wizard. That was interesting! She let out her sing song laugh as she got to her feet, far too graceful for a human.

”Have you ever seen the sea when it storms? It is the most amazing sight, something people back home are blessed to see.” Hikari said, dusting off her pants, her slightly accented voice louder to be heard over the wind. She led the way to the gazebo, not wanting to get soaked and get scolded by Ky again to take care of herself, brushing back strands of black hair away from her face. ”So I am guessing you like storms? You should travel to Japan, then. The storms there… these ones hardly compare.” She informed him with a light shrug.

Realizing she was being slightly rude and not introducing herself, she hastened to correct the error. She held out her hand with a smile. ”My name is Hikari, by the way. Hikari Mikhals. I am a sophomore here.”
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Mason's hazel eyes shifted from the sky back to Hikari and he grinned as he watched the girl in thought as she scanned the skies herself. "What a beautiful storm with great structure..." He thought to himself. The boy had great respect for Mother Nature and what crazy things she was able to do, including thunderstorms and their sometimes deadly lightning, the beauty of it was one thing, but if you didn't respect the power it had, you could pay a heavy price.

The blond haired boy shook his head and chuckled as Hikari let out a laugh. He tilted his head as he watched the girl get to her feet gracefully and he blinked for a moment as he pondered who, or as something inside was bothering him about, what he was talking to. "Chill out Mason, its probably just your imagination, but then again, I had someone disappear completely on me a few days ago..." He thought to himself.

Listening to her question, Mason was snapped from his thoughts and crossed his arms as he tried to think of how to reply. "I've only ever witnessed the Atlantic a few hours before a hurricane, but I've never sat through a storm and witnessed it firsthand, but indeed it sounds amazing." He said, glancing at her with a curious grin. Mason walked along to the gazebo, pondering about the sea during a storm the entire time.

"You've got me figured out, I love watching storms." Mason replied as the two reached the small shelter. "Traveling to Japan is one my list for one of the things I want to do in my life, so hopefully sometime I'll be the judge of that." He added with a small chuckle. "I can only imagine some of the stronger storms though, plus all the seismic activity too..." He said lowly, shivering over the thought of an earthquake. "I bet it's amazing there nonetheless."

Smiling lightly and shaking her hand lightly, Mason nodded and introduced himself as well. "I'm Mason, Mason Whitlock and its nice to meet you Hikari."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:33 pm

The young woman sniffed the air slightly, her head tilting to the side, a wolfish gesture that stuck with her even in human form. ”Smells like rain… and water.” She mused, brown eyes gentle. Hikari wasn’t ashamed to admit that she spent as much time in her wolf form as possible. She loved the graceful danger that came with transforming into her red furred wolf form. She had gotten control over her Wolf form early on in life, much to her parents’ relief. They had gotten a wee bit tired of her just randomly turning into a wolf and destroying her clothes. It wasn’t as bad as her randomly setting things on fire or summoning ghosts in her bedroom, but it was enough for her parents to get exasperated with her often. Okay, she hadn’t meant to set the curtains on fire and bolt in her wolf form, in her defense. It had been an accident. Running away? Maybe not smart, but not her fault.

Living in Texas had been an eye opener for her. Back in Japan, the Wolves were stuffy and rarely ever transformed on a whim. Here in Texas… she remembered many fond nights running with her best friend Kythen in their wolf forms. Along with practicing their magic. Her eyes grew fond as she remembered the time where she and Ky had snuck into a graveyard to summon ghosts. Perhaps not her best idea because ghosts really didn’t enjoy being bothered, but it had been a learning experience, that was for sure. She doubted she’d ever repeat it, though. Shuddering at the thought, she turned her attention to the human standing next to her, giving him a welcoming smile. Most people here had this thing against humans, of which she really didn’t understand. They were funny creatures, she thought, even if a bit fragile.

But he smelled of magic.

”They’re beautiful too. Especially if you can find the eye of the storm.” The Wolf said, reminded of the hurricane in Japan. She stuck her hands in her back pockets, leaning up against one of the pillars, watching the rain pour down. ”I hope so. My homeland is amazing.” She grinned. ”Not that I’m biased or anything.” Of course she was – Hikari loved Japan deeply. Not that she didn’t love America, because she certain did. But there was no place like home, right? Right.

”Nice to meet you, Mason-kun!” Hikari tacked on the honorific with a smile, an automatic habit now. Only Ky escaped the Japanese politeness that had been drilled into her, and that had only been after years of bugging and pleading. ”You smell of magic.” Tact wasn’t exactly her forte, and she really wanted to know what he was, even if that was rather impolite.
Back to top Go down
Mason Whitlock
Freshman
Mason Whitlock

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:32 am

Mason gazed back at Hikari with a curious and surprised glance, a little confused with her statement, which seemed more like she was simply thinking aloud. The boy simply nodded and smiled as his hazel eyes scanned the skies, wondering to himself how much rain and wind this certain storm would produce for the area. His thinking cut short by a small twinge and ultimately, small spark of electricity dancing among his fingers. Ahh, the life of being a dual elemental wizard, always having to restrain from freezing something or shocking someone. Such was always the case during a thunderstorm as something about them made his powers go a bit crazy. Closing his eyes for a moment and hiding his hand by leaning against a rail on the gazebo, Mason smiled and blushed as he looked back to Hikari.

Quick flashes of fearful images passed through his mind as he recalled the time he accidently froze someone with his Ice elemental powers, which nearly killed the person and then the time he froze himself as well. He had more control over his ice based spells, but electricity was a whole other beast, and he didn't feel like shocking Hikari, therefore he scooted away slightly with a nervous chuckle.

"Yeah, sitting in the eye of the storm would be fascinating, just knowing that you're in the only peaceful area within hundreds of miles, wrapped around by savage storms..." Mason said, clearing his throat lowly as he winced, feeling a small shock to himself. "I'm absolutely serious, I think the culture is amazing, and the sights would be awesome..." He added, showing an absolute sincere face, as it was true, he really wanted to see the country firsthand.

"It's very nice to meet you too Hikari." Mason said with a small grin, hiding both of his hands behind his back. "Ow....Owww..." He thought to himself as the electricity ran along his fingers on both hands. It was the next statement from the female that made his eyes go wide. "H-Huh? You can smell my magic?" Mason asked, eyes clearly wide in surprise and slight shock. "Well, I guess I can explain..." He muttered, holding up both hands, the electricity dancing about in his hands.

"Let's just say I can harness a couple elements, namely ice and lightning..." Mason muttered, wincing as he felt another small shock, almost like static electricity but it stung twice as bad on the shock. "Uhh, but how exactly can you smell my magic?" He asked, looking extremely curious.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what i pretend to be   what i pretend to be I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what i pretend to be
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Will You Survive Graduation? :: Advertising & Archives :: Threads-
Jump to: