Will You Survive Graduation?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will You Survive Graduation?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Information
Resources
Admin
Census
Fae: 13
Humans:
Vampires:
Werewolves:
Witches/Wizards:
Citizens:
Students:
School Staff:
Males:
Females:
Forum Quick Links
Affiliates
Blood Noir Affi redcarpet&&rebellion. Total Drama Website - Directory of the Best Role-Play Sites New Born Muse RPGfix The Shoebox RP Temple!

Glitter Web Directory RPGCollection

PFT aff
Credits
Written Content by Ash
Graphics by Sally and Ash
Coding by Ash

Blood Noir

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nowe Veleno
Dean's Guard
Nowe Veleno

Full Name : Nowe Zavier Veleno
Race : Vampire

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:17 am

Nowe had not been pleased when his phone buzzed and Evelyn's secretary, Rebecca, informed him very briefly that something had gone on and Evelyn wished to see him. Though he had been assured it was no rush, the knowledge that Rebecca had considered calling him sooner and the fact Evelyn wanted to see him meant this was something that ought to be seen to sooner rather than later. Of course, he was very rarely far away from wherever Evelyn was. As her guard it was his job to be close in case he was needed, after all. So it was not that long before he was striding past Rebecca's desk and knocking on Evelyn's door.

He opened it and poked his head in without waiting for a response. "You asked to see me?" He questioned, taking in the scene with a quick glance. There was blood in the room, he could smell that even before he opened the door. None of it was Evelyn's, however, so at least she hadn't been hurt while he had been unaware that there was even anything going on. Sometimes he hated Evelyn's desire for independence since it meant she wouldn't let him stick as close to her as he would like. If Victor knew...well...Nowe preferred not to think too much on what his old friend would do if anything happened to Evelyn. It would not end well for him, of that he was certain. He stepped into the office and closed the door behind him with a slight look of concern on his face, which he quickly masked. Evelyn didn't like to be fretted over and his concern would likely only irritate her. "What troubles have you been causing this time, meine dame*?" He questioned, indicating the blood pooled on her desk and other areas of the office. Though he was certain she had been provoked into causing whatever harm had befallen her visitor it was still not usually a good idea for the Dean to be hurting people in her office. He recalled the werewolf she'd called him in to deal with only a few years ago and wondered if this was a similar situation.

*My lady
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Varrow
Dean
Evelyn Varrow

Full Name : Evelyn Varrow

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:37 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Evelyn was standing at her window looking out at the campus when she heard someone knock and come in. She had known Nowe long enough that she could just sense him, she knew it was him before he ever opened the door, she even had him down pact that she recognized his knocking. She glanced back to him and nodded “Yes, come in” She told him before looking back out the window. She was drinking some blood from a cup and finished it off before licking her lips and turning to look at him. Her face said it all; she was pissed about something. “Not my troubles. The troubles of another. Of a particular disrespectful fae” Her voice was snippy, she didn’t mean to snap at him but she was in a foul mood that was not leaving her any time soon.

She walked to her desk briskly and put her cup down, grabbing a small vial with blood in it and extended it out to him “I want you to remember this scent very well. Because when you smell it anywhere on campus, I want you to beat this person into submission and lock her up. She can disappear at will; will need to find something to counter that” She then sat down and looked at the blood that was around her office “I lost my temper” She told him coolly, but with an edge to her tone. If anyone knew about her temper it was him…but people that didn’t obey it, well, that was more than rare and that was why she was so irritated. “A fae I had pegged as a simple nuisance I now see as a potential threat to this school. I don’t know her true intentions, but she plays a very aggravating game”

template by daenerys. @ SP & Caution

Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Dean's Guard
Nowe Veleno

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 am

Having known Evelyn for so long her snapping didn't bother him at all. She wasn't angry with him and knew knew better than to comment on her temper. She would snap and rant and possibly yell, she might even break things, but if he remained calm eventually her temper would break and they could talk civilly. "A disrespectful Fae? " He questioned as he settled into one of the chairs and watched her as she moved toward her desk. He rose to accept the vial and settled back into the chair to inspect it. So Freya was more than just an annoyance then? Unless, of course, he was mistaken. But Evelyn had ranted about the girl on more than one occasion.

He opened the vial and wafted the scent of the blood under his nose as she told him what she wanted him to do with the scent and he frowned. "Tell me, was there anything familiar about this scent to you? I cannot place it but there is something..." He took a deeper smell of the blood and there was that same sense of familiarity from before. Odd. "She can teleport?" That was not what he wanted to hear. It was endlessly infuriating when your opponent could disappear at the drop of a hat and reappear out of reach. But with the proper research that could be countered but not without a great deal of effort and the willing participation of witches or certain fae. But if Evelyn wanted this girl caught, she would be caught using whatever means necessary. "We all lose our tempers from time to time." He told her, waving off the admission as if it were unimportant. Which it was, what mattered was why she had lost her temper. A question that was answered in good order. The fae had threatened the school in some manner. And that had Nowe's interest and he was suddenly very serious, less casual and calm than he had been when he'd first walked it. "What, exactly, did she threaten to do?" If it had pissed Evelyn off this much it was something he wanted to hear for himself.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Varrow
Dean
Evelyn Varrow

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:16 am

“Yes. A slithering, vile little creature that has no business being at my school” Every word was like a vicious bite, she was enraged and looked ready to search the whole campus to wring her hands around the woman’s neck. “I am the Dean of this University! I hold power above all inhumans with my position here and this fae had the audacity to laugh in my face and act as if my power is nothing! I will not condone that!” She shouted furiously, her eyes black from her rage and her fangs were still drawn in her mouth. If she wasn’t so OCD she would have flipped her desk over, but she was managing to keep herself in control. For now at least. She growled “I will not condone it. True and proper punishment will be made” .

When he mentioned a sort of familiarity she gave him an odd look “No. None at all” Her cat Chamomile was always in her office, it was a scent she knew well and that dominated her office space. The two scents were alike but different enough that she did not bother to make any sort of connection, why should she? She was also younger then Nowe and with his skills, the familiarity was not as strong to her as it was to him. The idea that Freya and her cat were the same person would never, ever be a thought she would entertain. She then nodded “Yes, she can, I got firsthand experience with it. She’s quick, but she likes games and to be a smartass. It can easily be used against her I’m sure” People who were haughty and thought they were so sly became there biggest downfall.

“She has some plan, Nowe. She was playing mind games with me, claimed to know much about me. She was doing everything possible to anger me, she wanted me to be angry. She enjoyed the reactions, she was practically giddy” Did she want to mention the foul little fae kept kissing her? She wasn’t sure if that was totally necessary at the moment. She leaned forward and fixed him with a look “She momentarily took me hostage and floated me above the school and threatened to drop me. As a matter of fact, she did drop me, but she didn’t let me crash”

Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Dean's Guard
Nowe Veleno

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:53 am

"Calm yourself, Evelyn. Your anger does not become you. Not all of the old ones respect your power. If she is older than you she could be testing you, seeing whether you are worthy of her respect." Not that telling her to calm down would actually accomplish much, but it would, perhaps, get her to settle down enough to not go doing anything rash. He did not want to go traipsing off into the night after her just because she let her anger get the better of her and she wanted to try and track down some disappearing Fae who was probably miles away by now nursing her wounds. "And punish her we will but it will take time to track her down." Once he figured out why the blood smelled vaguely familiar that would be easily accomplished. The answer, he knew, was tantalizingly close but just beyond his reach. And it could be the fact that Evelyn's office was full of familiar scents that might be interfering.

He made a small noise when she said she hadn't noticed anything familiar and shrugged. This was something he would have to figure out on his own then. He was still mulling the scent over in his mind as he listened to what else Evelyn had to say, nodding when she suggested that the girl's love of games could be used against her. If one was able not to rise to the bait, it could often unsettle those who were used to their mind games working on others. "It is possible. Her knowing about you I mean. There is information out there to be found. And it wouldn't be the first time someone has found a clever way to watch the Dean. I will keep my eyes open for anything suspicious." He quickly scanned her office but there was nothing new or out of place so it was unlikely there was a cleverly concealed device in there. Magic was harder to detect and he would have to speak with a witch he knew to have them check Evelyn's office for magical means of spying. As of yet, he had no reason to suspect the cat.

When she leaned forward he fixed his full attention on her and the flash of anger that lit his eyes at her words would be hard to miss. He let out a breath that was more of a hiss and narrowed his eyes at the thought of what might have happened if this Fae had not caught Evelyn after letting her fall. Being a vampire meant it wouldn't kill her but it still wouldn't be a pleasant experience either. "If you want her alive tell me now, though I cannot guarantee she will still be whole when she is brought here." This fae had put Evelyn in danger. The Dean may not have died but it was his job to protect her from danger, and that meant being dropped from atop the school as well as from anything that would kill her. He stood, tucking the infuriatingly familiar vial of blood in a pocket and leaned on the desk so he could look at Evelyn from a few feet away. "Your damnable independence will be the death of us both one day, you know that right? If I am not killed defending you, Victor will destroy me for failing." He rather liked living thank you very much, but if his death meant Evelyn would be safe, he was honor bound to lay his life down for hers.

"I do not intend to fail. So until the mess with this Fae is cleared up I want either Katerina or myself nearby at all times. I do not often fight you on this but I do not like the idea of this teleporting fae showing up when one of us isn't around." There was something in the way he spoke that suggested he was making this demand not only because he was her guard and he considered this fae a very real threat, but because there was something more. He was her friend, yes, but his feelings toward her were a bit more complex than that. He wouldn't call it love, per say, but he certainly cared for her and the idea of being unable to protect her bothered him greatly. Not that he had ever said as much out loud, nor was he likely to, but it was there all the same, though perhaps Evelyn wouldn't notice it in her anger.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Varrow
Dean
Evelyn Varrow

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:45 pm

She grit her teeth harshly when he told her to calm down, her fangs piercing the inside of her mouth. She hated to be told to calm down but if Nowe was telling her too, it probably meant she was about to go overboard. She remembered back in the day when Nowe would tell Victor to calm down and always wondered why the man even listened to him, now she knew why. Every ill-tempered person needed someone to tell them when they needed to calm the hell down “Oh, she tested me. Tested far more than anyone ever should. I had to contain everything not to kill her” A part of her still was upset at herself that she didn’t, but she knew it would have been a great mess. If word got out she snapped and killed a fae without a very good reason, all hell would break loose. Even though she did everything to keep her life private it was still like she was a celebrity. Every move she made people knew about and scrutinized her for it.

But what disturbed her most was the fact that Freya did seem to know too much about her. Knew what buttons to press, what to say and do to piss her off exactly right. That bothered her the most out of everything “Well, she has gotten very clever if she has been watching me somehow.” It had to be more than watching, she had to get verbal information somewhere but from who? The only people who knew enough about her would never talk. She saw the anger in him when she told him what happened, and she had even spared him the details about how the women kept kissing her and enjoyed Evelyn biting her. She didn’t know why she just didn’t tell him that as well, but for some reason she remained tight lipped about it. She told him enough of what he needed to know, the other details were far more frivolous.

“Whole I don’t care about, alive yes…if you can do it and make sure she stays captured. If it’s too much of a burden, then dead is just as well” She wanted Freya alive to try and question her, for if her antics were not hers alone Evelyn wanted to know who else was in cahoots with her in whatever the hell they were trying to accomplish. But if she was too much to handle alive or too much trouble to keep captured, then she didn’t care if she got killed. She frowned slightly and sighed “I know, Nowe, I know. But I have always been able to deal with whatever I need too in my own office. I can’t have you and Katerina shadowing me every single moment of the day” And she didn’t want too. She was independent and she didn’t like feeling she was a child who needed constant supervision. She had only agreed to the guard’s because Victor had insisted upon it, until she was at least old enough to match the average age of other inhumans. She was still quite young for now, and it pissed her off.

Her look softened slightly instead of growing angery at his tone of voice and demand “I know you won’t fail” She said evenly. She trusted Nowe, she knew he wouldn’t fail, he hadn’t failed in any task Victor or she had ever given him. She didn’t want to agree to it and if it had been Katerina saying it she would have shoved the woman in her place. She really knew she should treat her other guard better but, Evelyn had no connection with her, she was simply there to be there while with Nowe had been a friend before her guard. She didn’t look entirely pleased as she thought it over but she finally nodded and gave in “Fine. I will agree to that if it will make you feel better about the situation”

Back to top Go down
Kythen Lyaer
Senior
Kythen Lyaer

Full Name : Kythen Joshua Lyaer
Race : Werewolf

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 am

Clearly the Fae had some manner of death wish if she had pushed Evelyn this far. Or perhaps she didn't know just how dangerous the company Evelyn kept could be. He could kill without a second thought and felt no remorse for the lives he had taken. Evelyn would only kill if she had a good reason to do it herself, otherwise she called him or Katerina to do it. "It is a good thing you didn't kill her. We had a hard enough time explaining away the disappearance and death of that wolf a few years back. I am not keen on repeating that charade again anytime soon." There had been reporter clamoring to speak to the Dean about the disappearance of one of her students. To waylay further questions and suspicions, Nowe had allowed the body to be found and identified (luckily the weapons used were not easily identifiable and the murder remained unsolved). It also helped that Nowe had a friend or two on the police force that had helped with keeping suspicion off of the school at large and reporting the murder as just a random act of senseless violence.

Nowe stood and paced a bit as Evelyn spoke again of being watched and tried to figure out how someone would be watching her. He hadn't noticed anyone new hanging about. And he took careful notice of things like that. No one had ever shown undue interest in Evelyn so how was this Fae watching her? "We will discover her means of spying in good time, Evelyn." They would discover it and make sure no one else could ever use that to spy on Evelyn again. It wouldn't be hard to get charms made or spells cast to block magical attempts and more mundane contraptions were easily disabled and discarded. He actually pouted a little when she told him she wanted the Fae alive. But perhaps he could just kill her and say she proved to be too much of a nuisance to try and deal with alive. "If you want her alive then she will be alive. I can find some magical means of containing a teleporting Fae."

Nowe smirked a bit when she said she didn't need them shadowing her every hour of the day. His skills at remaining hidden in plain sight were good indeed if even Evelyn didn't notice him as he watched over her. Especially when she was out on campus or in town and not tucked safely in her office. "I never said we needed to be underfoot. Just nearby. Close enough to judge for ourselves if we need to intervene and to be of use if we are needed. I cannot help you if I'm across campus and you are here now can I?" Like today. He had been unaware there was anything to worry about until it was over. He would speak to Rebecca before he left and tell her the next time something was going on and he or Katerina wasn't around to call one of them immediately and not wait because she's not sure if it's necessary. When she gave in and agreed he relaxed slightly. "I can't say how much good it will do if this Fae decides to teleport in, grab you and teleport away again. But it does make me feel better to know one of us will be close enough to at least try and stop her, even if we can't." He did not like that idea at all but it was the best he could do at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn Varrow
Dean
Evelyn Varrow

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 pm

“Neither am I, but there’s only so far I can be pushed before I am angry enough to not care” She remembered the little mess yes, it was quite tame back then to what it would have blown up too now. Back then when she had someone killed the inhuman community didn’t question her for it, they trusted her judgment calls and her rules. Now? She couldn’t make one decision without having everyone question her about it and gossip and make a whole big deal. It bothered her to once have her power without a peep be respected and now everyone had something to say simply because she allowed humans to enter the school. Now it seemed all these troublesome souls like Freya kept popping out of the woodwork to give her a hard time and make her look bad. Well they could try all they liked, she would never leave her position as Dean. They would have to kill her first.

She chuckled a bit at his disappointed look that she wanted the Fae alive. If Freya did end up dead she would be a bit frustrated but, she and Nowe were both Vampires and she understood the need to kill. If something happened, she wouldn’t question Nowe about the fae’s death. It would be what it was and move on, but if she was caught alive, she did much prefer it. “Don’t worry with Nowe, with how things are going I am sure I will find you someone to kill to your heart’s desire” The inhuman community was acting caution for now but she knew sooner or later more and more bold people would come to her demanding she make the humans leave or threatening to take over her power. And those people could either agree to leave things be, or suffer the consequences And the consequences were never pretty.

“That Fae grabs me again, and her head will be off” She growled, her eyes flashing angrily though they had finally returned to their normal gray color. She didn’t want to see Freya again, she hoped that stupid fae stayed away and got captured by Nowe first because she swore she would kill her if she tried anything again like she had. She forced herself to relax but didn’t do very well “I am sure you will do just fine. You always do. I trust you” And trust was not something she ever, ever gave away lightly.

Back to top Go down
Nowe Veleno
Dean's Guard
Nowe Veleno

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Nowe could only nod to her statement. It was the same with most, if not all, vampires. There was a certain point where they just snapped and whoever pushed them to that point was not likely to survive the encounter. Some had a lower threshold for anger, others were harder to provoke. Evelyn was one of the ones that was easier to provoke for a variety of reasons. Stress, age and an overall short temper were among the biggest reasons. "I understand that but unfortunately we can't afford to not care. The eyes of the supernatural community as a whole are on us because of the decision to allow humans on campus." He hadn't been entirely happy about that decision but aside from when he'd told Evelyn he thought it was a bad idea when she'd first asked him, had kept his mouth shut on the matter. It was her choice to make and he would let her make it without a fuss. That still didn't mean he had to like it. It made him uneasy knowing that there were some out there who would enroll just to spy on the supernaturals and learn new ways to kill them. And they had no way of truly identifying these people until it was too late, though they did their best to screen the potential students for any connection to anti-vampire or whatever type groups.

Nowe gave Evelyn a slight smile (and she was one of the rare few that ever got to see such things from him) when she promised she would eventually find someone he could kill. "I do not doubt that. You will always have enemies and there will always be those out there who would like to see all supernaturals wiped off the face of the Earth. It is enough to keep any skilled assassin busy." He told her, letting the smile fade into a more thoughtful expression. If people stopped wanting to kill them, he would be out of a job. Evelyn would no longer need guards and he wasn't at all sure what he might do if that ever happened. So a part of him was glad there would always be people that wanted to kill them. As long as they didn't succeed, of course.

When Evelyn finally tried to relax and it was clear she was calming down to an acceptable level, he was confident he could leave and she wouldn't do anything foolish, except maybe break something but that was better than going off on a rampage in search of someone to hurt. "I know you do. That is why I won't leave my position as your guard. You need someone you can trust by your side." He gave her a slight nod, knowing it wasn't easy for her to give trust and admit it when she did. He also gave he a small smile. "Victor also told me I wasn't allowed to quit but I had no intentions of doing so anyway so his threats were rather meaningless." The old vampire was a bit over-zealous in his desire to make sure Evelyn was safe but Nowe understood well enough; he wanted to see her safe as well. He glanced out the window and was quiet a moment before turning back to Evelyn. "If there was nothing else you needed I think I should get started on trying to track down this Fae and find some means of capturing her that she cannot simply teleport out of." He gave the Dean a nod and, if she had nothing more to add, bid her good night and slipped out the door to get to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blood Noir Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Noir   Blood Noir I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Noir
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Will You Survive Graduation? :: Advertising & Archives :: Threads-
Jump to: